Bypassing temperature sensor so fan stays on?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

E_Z_Wind

Nov 23, 2022
New York
Hello! Can I just connect the black and white wire and have the fan run constantly unless I turn it off?Thanks in advance

D82B5105-8A5A-4796-B18E-9F056449074D.jpeg

Often yes. That's an odd thermocouple. Is this for a wood stove? What make & model?

Often yes. That's an odd thermocouple. Is this for a wood stove? What make & model?
Thanks for super speedy reply. It’s from a Vermont Castings Montpelier wood-burning inset, so yes it is older,. I don’t think pre-93 though so that’s I why I used this thread. The two plugs attach to the snap stat itself. Thanks again.

Turn off the fan when cold starting the stove for about 30 minutes so that the stove can warm up fully. I'd also turn off the blower when opening the stove door for a reload or log adjustment.

Reactions: E_Z_Wind
Yea I just connected black and white and it runs fine. Yep let it heat up for an hour or so and then turn it on. I’m in this mess bc I did not turn it off while reloading, a coal fell out, got sucked in and melted one of the wheels, and when I was removing the fan to fix it I broke the snap stat off. Will be turning off whe reloading! Thanks for all your advice.

I’m concerned about the wood floor so close to the stove. It’s not sitting on a wood floor is it?