Came across this review for an Englander stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fishki

Jan 5, 2017
SE Kansas
stove review.JPG

Can't imagine what the problem is.....:)

That's why I have that quote from dad in my signature line.

Used to read a lot of reviews like that 8-10 years ago, more people have finally figured out the wood needs to be seasoned.

And they need a bit more than an 8' chimney out a window.

Englander builds a quality product, but they sell most of them in big box stores where there is no support after the sale. They are stuck with calling Mike, and I think many buyers would rather bash a product in a review and return it than to actually get on the phone and talk to a person that is going to tell them that the problem likely isn't with the stove. If they came here to learn from a bunch of people that they have wet wood and/or poor draft, it would probably be easier to accept.

Englander builds a quality product, but they sell most of them in big box stores where there is no support after the sale. They are stuck with calling Mike, and I think many buyers would rather bash a product in a review and return it than to actually get on the phone and talk to a person that is going to tell them that the problem likely isn't with the stove. If they came here to learn from a bunch of people that they have wet wood and/or poor draft, it would probably be easier to accept.
Even still...the reviews on home depot are 4+ stars.

I left a 5 star review. My home is 70F. :)

"We have extensive experience using a wood stove..." Old dog new trick problem?

"We have extensive experience using a wood stove..." Old dog new trick problem?
Very likely. Burning poorly seasoned wood in a stove that may be dumping into a large exterior chimney "that worked just fine" with the old smoke dragon.