Can anyone help identify my stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Stefaniml

Dec 5, 2022
Sat Lke City Itah
We bought a house a few months back that was built in the 1930’s. This stove is in the basement, I’m pretty sure it’s not as old as the house but there are no markings to identify what brand, type, etc it might be. Only thing identifiable is the pine cone looking emblems under the doors. I’ve googled and researched with no luck! We’re near Salt Lake City if that matters.

8B26D72B-4303-4A63-B5D8-7652E20AA80D.jpeg323704CC-10CC-49A7-B59A-B5D2E77AE66B.jpeg

We bought a house a few months back that was built in the 1930’s. This stove is in the basement, I’m pretty sure it’s not as old as the house but there are no markings to identify what brand, type, etc it might be. Only thing identifiable is the pine cone looking emblems under the doors. I’ve googled and researched with no luck! We’re near Salt Lake City if that matters. View attachment 304629View attachment 304630
I can't help with the brand but it looks like a coal stove not a wood stove and it shouldn't be reduced from 8 to 6" pipe.

Have you had the whole system inspected by a chimney professional?

I can't help with the brand but it looks like a coal stove not a wood stove and it shouldn't be reduced from 8 to 6" pipe.

Have you had the whole system inspected by a chimney professional?
Wow, we had no idea. We haven’t used it or had it inspected by a professional. There was old wood inside of it from the previous owners, but wouldn’t surprise me if it was being used incorrectly. Thanks for the info

Wow, we had no idea. We haven’t used it or had it inspected by a professional. There was old wood inside of it from the previous owners, but wouldn’t surprise me if it was being used incorrectly. Thanks for the info
Many people burn wood in stoves better suited for coal it can work just not as well as a dedicated wood stove