Can freestanding Avalon Ranier be converted into an Insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecfinn

Dec 12, 2005
Ambler, PA
I found someone selling a used freestanding Avalon Ranier wood stove. I've been considering getting one of these new as an insert. Can this unit be converted into an insert and installed that way? I thought I read that the only difference was that the legs were added to the freestanding stove. If thats the case couldn't I just remove them? Are there any other differences I should be aware of? I know I'd have to order a new surround and probably a blower for it, but that would still save me a lot of money.

Thanks,

Eric

What you said is correct.
I recently bought an Avalon Olympic that was used as an insert. It's the same as a free-standing stove minus the legs. I need to get legs for it and sell the surround (and maybe the blower too).

Geoff said:
What you said is correct.
I recently bought an Avalon Olympic that was used as an insert. It's the same as a free-standing stove minus the legs. I need to get legs for it and sell the surround (and maybe the blower too).

Those two posts sound like a deal in the making.

Status
Not open for further replies.