Can I really heat the back bedrooms with a wood stove?

Lemarque Posted By Lemarque, Jun 7, 2019 at 2:23 PM

1. Ludlow

Ludlow
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jun 4, 2018
    Loc:
    PA
    As I said earlier, an outside air kit to the stove will help. It will reduce or eliminate the drawing of outside air through outside walls, receptacles and widows in those back rooms. This alone will help raise the temperature back there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. blades

blades
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 23, 2008
    Loc:
    WI, Leroy
    i believe it is national code now for any solid fuel type device to have an out side air intake system in place on mfg homes. That old 1980 rig of , I had an outside air intake installed -

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. EbS-P

EbS-P
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 19, 2019
    Loc:
    SE North Carolina
    It doesn’t take a really large fan to keep it livable (less than 20* temperature difference from living room to bedrooms). I don’t have any headers between the hallway and the living room. I ran a 5” fan and was able to circulate enough air to Heat 3 bedrooms, two of which are over a crawl space that is poorly insulated. The floor would be 10* degrees colder than the room. Hoping to get some insulation installed before I start of the stove again. I like a cold bedroom with a big comforter.

Just my thoughts. Evan