Can I remove this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
typically best to ask the maker of the product if you want to modify it...do you need their phone number?

the convection deck is not optional equipment for the king ultra.
bk told me it was due to heat dispersion off the top of the unit vs ceiling height. (ceiling must have gotten too hot in lab tests!)

if your ceiling is taller than normal and you are not in an alcove, it should be safe.

Good point A1Stoves. Never thought of that.
I will find their number and contact them.
Thanks

typically best to ask the maker of the product if you want to modify it...do you need their phone number?

the convection deck is not optional equipment for the king ultra.
bk told me it was due to heat dispersion off the top of the unit vs ceiling height. (ceiling must have gotten too hot in lab tests!)

if your ceiling is taller than normal and you are not in an alcove, it should be safe.

So besides the pedestal and a different profile on the front panel of the stove, what makes it different from the parlor and classic? Do the standard side shields make a difference in top temp? I suppose the pedestal makes it taller.

Not arguing, just curious what BK would say.

the ultra is taller, thats the only difference

I believe that the stove exterior is a different shape on the ultra. The sides of the ultra are vertical where the sides of the parlor/classic offer that big mac box shape. The front face panel of the stove is different. I didn't like the big max profile but the ultra is much better. Surely only cosmetic and the firebox is the same shape but there is at least one more difference than height.

Sides are the same. The side shields make them look flat.

Bic mac box is pretty good ;lol. I bet it would look especially silly on a pedestal.

Attachments

• Can I remove this?
    IMAG0502.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 111
I believe that the stove exterior is a different shape on the ultra. The sides of the ultra are vertical where the sides of the parlor/classic offer that big mac box shape. The front face panel of the stove is different. I didn't like the big max profile but the ultra is much better. Surely only cosmetic and the firebox is the same shape but there is at least one more difference than height.

yes, there are differences, but BK told me the convection deck was only required on the ultra model due to the height difference.

yes, there are differences, but BK told me the convection deck was only required on the ultra model due to the height difference.

That's interesting, considering the only vertical clearance they show is floor to ceiling, and 49" in an alcove install. They make no distinction between models in the clearance chart in the manual.

Maybe it was a weird testing day.

Status
Not open for further replies.