Can someone identify what version Jotul Oslo this is?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kiowa

Oct 25, 2007
East Colorado
I see the logo at the bottom of the door, but the V3 shows the logo at the top right of the door. Is this a V2?

Thanks!

oslo.jpeg

I have the V2 and the logo is in the top right corner and it does not have those lines on the ash pan door. That may be a V3.

I don't think the v3 is available in ivory. It may be a v1. What does the UL label say on the back for manufacture date?

Reactions: EbS-P
I don't think the v3 is available in ivory. It may be a v1. What does the UL label say on the back for manufacture date?
Great question, I saw this on CL and have been emailing with the seller, he says it is a few years old and this was before initial installation. He also says it is a rare color and they don't make it anymore, which I agree. I'll inquire, but when did they start making the V2 by chance?

Thanks!

That looks like mine 2000 vintage, Are the burn plates two cast iron? I recall the ivory,

That would be my guess too. Ask the poster some current pictures and go carefully. If possible, get pictures of the UL tag on the back and of the grate area corners, cleaned of all ash.

Was this stove painted ivory? The black ash door hinge looks odd as does the black ashlip.

Reactions: EbS-P
That would be my guess too. Ask the poster some current pictures and go carefully. If possible, get pictures of the UL tag on the back and of the grate area corners, cleaned of all ash.

Was this stove painted ivory? The black ash door hinge looks odd as does the black ashlip.
My guess would be that the ashlip was damaged and an ivory one couldn't be found or they didn't want to pay for it

The stove is missing the knobs and it looks like there is overspray below the air control. That's why I suspect a repaint.

The stove is missing the knobs and it looks like there is overspray below the air control. That's why I suspect a repaint.
After looking closer the actual ash lip isn't there. I think it was never fully assembled

It looks like the inner bottom plate and the ash pan housing are new or from a different stove. The ashpan door hinge shouldn't be black. I would examine the inside base around the grate area very carefully for cracks.

Hold on everybody- that is definitely a Version 2 Oslo, from the arches in the front door. V3 has less arch pieces. The ashlip is not installed, it sits on top of that non enameled piece of cast under the door. Its not a cast iron baffle version of the Oslo cause it has the wooden handle on the ashdoor, not the silver egg that used the stove tool to turn the handle. I do not see the ashlip on the side loading door attached, so I'm guessing that stove is circa 2014-2015. Still a pretty stove, but blue black still my fav...

Hold on everybody- that is definitely a Version 2 Oslo, from the arches in the front door. V3 has less arch pieces. The ashlip is not installed, it sits on top of that non enameled piece of cast under the door. Its not a cast iron baffle version of the Oslo cause it has the wooden handle on the ashdoor, not the silver egg that used the stove tool to turn the handle. I do not see the ashlip on the side loading door attached, so I'm guessing that stove is circa 2014-2015. Still a pretty stove, but blue black still my fav...

Nope. The V2 does not have all those arches. I have the V2 and the arches look the same as the V3. Here’s a link to the V2 manual and you can see the arches:

Stove looks like my 2008 Oslo (majolica enamel brown). I recall that color options when I purchased mine in addition to standard stove black included blue/black, ivory enamel, and pretty sure a green enamel.
Same style arches and no ashlip on side door.
Front ashlip on mine is regular stove black. With brown enamel I guess contrast isn't as apparent as it is with ivory.
With raking of ash off of ashslip with metal poker perhaps Jotul installed stove black ashlip after complaints about enamel chipping ?

Does your v2 Oslo have the ridged ash pan door? For some reason, I thought the newer versions didn't.

My V2 Oslo does not have the ridged ash pan door. It is smooth.

I don't see how that stove can be a few years old. My V2 is around 4 years old and does not look like that one. I'm thinking it is a V1. Here's a V1. Notice the arches as well as those little enameled piece that look like upside down T's that come down below the glass. The V2 does not have them.

1621793046908.png

Yes, V1 was my guess. Thanks for the picture verification.

I know they offered different door grill options at one point but I don't know them well enough to say for sure

That is a fairly recent option for the F500.