can you buy a last years model ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EPA. Everyones Pain in the A$%#
Without the epa regulations most of our stoves would still be like the basic steel boxes of the late 70s early 80s before the first round of regulations took effect

How many emissions does California put out EVERY FREAKIN YEAR, by their careless management ??

Reactions: brenndatomu
North American burners have it easy. Just think if you were in Germany. You would have to be certified each year to burn. And you would have to have your chimney inspected each year, too. Moreover, you would have to provide stairs on your roof for the sweep - no stairs, no clean chimney = no burning.

that was free market
As it is now for the manufacturer and dealer to raise the price to cover greater costs. Your gripe is not with the EPA, it's that you don't want to pay more. Try building a house now in the pandemic market. the price increases are shocking.

If you think that is a viable trade off. I noticed Jotul UK sells all replacement parts on website. In the US you must rely on a convoluted dealer network Example my Lopi dealers have changed to five different dealers over past 10 years. So if you have a particular brand you constantly have to deal with different dealers for parts and support. None of which sold the original product.

If you think that is a viable trade off. I noticed Jotul UK sells all replacement parts on website. In the US you must rely on a convoluted dealer network Example my Lopi dealers have changed to five different dealers over past 10 years. So if you have a particular brand you constantly have to deal with different dealers for parts and support. None of which sold the original product.
And that has what to do with our govt or the EPA? That is our free market system at work

EPA regulations hurt the Consumer, retailer, Manufacturer? I don't see how you equate that with FREE Markets. I'm all for getting the cleanest stove I want but not from the dictates of another three digit agency. they have destroyed more livelihoods than any other Government agency.

I agree with "safety procedures" being put in place but I also feel that we have "way to much regulation" and "total control" over the market where corruption seeps in. .It should not take ten years to put a highway or bridge in with our technology of this day---its all the regulations where people have their hands open and the more greedy getting the cash...EPA and FBI and CDC are not saints and you only need to look at their past histories and they really do stiffle competition with their mundane and useless rules in certain areas of their expertise. I agree with ddown...clancey

Status
Not open for further replies.