Can you help me identify this stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amsimone

Nov 10, 2016
Farmington, ME
While cleaning out the garage, my sister found on old iron stove, apparently my brother-in-laws grandparents had this stove in their living room when he was a child, he does not know how long it had been there before he was born. It has a little metal tag that, as far as we can read it, says 143-422. It has four legs (so not a fireplace insert) and a flat top. See attached pic. I cannot find a picture of one like it anywhere on the web. HELP!

6.jpg 10.jpg 13.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wondering if this is a coal stove. Is there a shaker grate inside?

A shaker grate is typical in a coal stove.

While cleaning out the garage, my sister found on old iron stove, apparently my brother-in-laws grandparents had this stove in their living room when he was a child, he does not know how long it had been there before he was born. It has a little metal tag that, as far as we can read it, says 143-422. It has four legs (so not a fireplace insert) and a flat top. See attached pic. I cannot find a picture of one like it anywhere on the web. HELP!
inside1.jpg

We found this inside, I still don't know how old it is . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.