Canadian tire electric splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowtime

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2007
northern BC
I was all set to get a DR 6ton but with shipping its almost a 1000 bucks up here. So I have backed off and am looking at a new splitter offered by Canadian Tire. The advantage is there is a Canadian tire within a 3 hour drive so not to bad. I will be able to take it in for trouble and not ship it myself.
The splitter I am talking about is a new offering from them a 6 ton yardworks for 629.99. I know its early and no one has used this splitter but what about the name has anyone experience with the smaller 4 ton yardworks that they are discontinuing. I suspect they are discontinuing the 4ton because it wouldn't do the job?

Reason for electric is its going in the basement and I have furness and stove. So wood is cut for furness and put in basement for winter. Then I will feed most to furness but split what I need for stove from furness wood supply during winter.

If anyone has any recommendations on 6 ton electric splitter I would appreciate it.

never heard of that model but my friend has the dr model and loves it. splits everything he's thrown at it.make sure the company you deal with has parts in stock and will help with service. ;-)

Probably is the same model. Crappy Tire just outsources for it' stuff.

They have a great return policy in case is stinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.