Can't find and Switzer pictures.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sparke

Minister of Fire
Jul 6, 2006
Maine
Did any of you Switzer owners ever post pictures? Everyone of you Switzer guys promised pics but if you posted , I can't find them!

I posted these pics back in august switzer pics
if this link doesn't work try a search for "switzer pics" in the search window above.

Awesome pics. Thank You!

From these photos it looks like the Switzer does not use any refractory. Is that correct?

Ditto on above comments + WOW!!!

gorbull said:
From these photos it looks like the Switzer does not use any refractory. Is that correct?
Refractory is optional with Gary Switzer (here comes the plug) and his ULTIMATE WOODBURNING SYSTEM!
Switzer's Custom Woodburning System Inc
1557 Ellis Road
Dundee, N.Y. 14837
1-607-243-8689
He's a very busy man these days and his shop and install crew consists of Gary and his son-in-law Dave.
They are honest and decent men that are worth the wait if you want a Switzer.

if you take a closer look at the pics with a fire going you'll see the refractory.
many of the pics are before installation was complete.
He builds every boiler to suit the needs of the customer with endless possibilities.
My 3 pass 1050 gal capacity is 25 tubes total.
first pass = one 9” tube with 2" thick refractory that dumps into a fire brick lined box off the rear of the boiler.
2nd pass = twelve 2” tubes from rear lined box to front box w/ steel plate (shield).
3rd pass = twelve 2” tubes back to the rear and out to flue pipe.
Heat transfer happens so fast that you can see the boiler temp gage move at the beginning of a fire until it reaches 170* at which the aquastat kicks on the mix valve for the 2 one thousand gal propane tanks.

also for all of us that depend on the net to research anything and everything, Gary is still in the dark ages and doesn't even own a cell phone never mind a website. I've tried to convince him to build a site but as he says "I'm to busy as it is".

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.