CAP or NO CAP ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Under certain weather conditions I will smell smoke in odd places. The wind swirls it around the house and it comes in around the leaky windows or doors. It's always a bit disconcerting to smell smoke in the house, especially when it's not near the stove! When this occurs I go through the house sniffing to double check there's no fires in the basement etc.

Yep, just the other day, heavy air I guess, caused the smoke to roll out the chimney here at our house and head straight for the ground, sometimes we smell some smoke in our home and I've determined it enters from the outside under certain atmospheric conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.