Capt's pizza oven build

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, everyone tells me I'm going to get sick of pizza. But the fact is, that wood fired oven is much more versatile than a home range. You can smoke meats in it, bake bread, pizzas, roast meats, sear steaks, toast marshmallows, etc. I can't wait to do a complete thanksgiving dinner in it!

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Is it possible to get sick of eating pizza . . . so many ways to make it . . . so many different configurations. Heck, I have a Healthy Choice pizza for lunch every day -- and that's nowhere near as tasty as the pizza that will be coming out of that oven.

Reactions: Capt
That is a very sweet setup! Good work

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Tapatalk 2

Brick oven baked biscuits! That with some butter and home made jam. A meal on its own. I would be baking bread in that oven. I had some in Quebec. Oh so good!

Very cool, nice build. Jealous again.

Here are a few updated pics.

Here is a pic with the gas lights and the Shield. The shield came from WWW.Detroitshields.com
269985_3843564891949_616795108_n.jpg

Closer view:
317826_3862809533053_1490974589_n.jpg

Here are a few venison tenderloins I raosted in it last night:
IMAG0223.jpg

I am uploading some more food pics, I'll post soon.

Love that shield, Capt! That's the BEST way to do loins, I can almost smell and taste them through the phone! We always look forward to seeing wood-fired food pics!

Sweet deal. The shield really caps it off. Nice job, you're going to have a lot of good times around that oven.

Nice Capt. Nice.

Very neat work. Dig in and enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.