Case for a Makita 6421 / Dolmar 6400

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mstoelton

Feeling the Heat
Dec 16, 2013
SE michigan
I have a new rental saw from HD. Looking for a protective case that will fit it.

Is there anything out there? Will the Husqvarna powerbox fit?

I'd be surprised if that box did not. It's pretty darn generic.

If you pick the box up and want to try it out, so long as you have the saw cleaned up, giving it a test fit shouldn't be a problem and you could return if necessary.

I have room in my box for my 555 with with a 20 inch bar, plus the standard carry tools, plus my chaps, prolly room for some other things too if I wanted.

Never used a box like that until this Christmas when one showed up under the tree,,,,, and love the darn thing.

If I recall correctly, the Husqvarna Powerbox (and same box by other names) will fit it only with modifications. The slick ones I saw a few years ago on AS involved a heat gun to reshape the inside a little. I've been wanting to try this for mine, but it just hasn't been a priority.

Reactions: pen
If I recall correctly, the Husqvarna Powerbox (and same box by other names) will fit it only with modifications. The slick ones I saw a few years ago on AS involved a heat gun to reshape the inside a little. I've been wanting to try this for mine, but it just hasn't been a priority.

Must be the body of the saw itself is too long? And the modification needs to happen at the end of the handle? Or does it hit in other places too?

Thanks guys, I ordered a Husky powerbox to be modified to fit the dolkita

Status
Not open for further replies.