Castile Pellet Stove not Feeding..

GoldMiner31 Posted By GoldMiner31, May 23, 2019 at 9:17 PM

Dismiss Notice
System Upgrade. Monday 9/16 7am central time.Thanks for your patience.
  1. GoldMiner31

GoldMiner31
    New Member 2.
    NULL

May 23, 2019
    Loc:
    Colorado
    So first off I’m a newb to the pellet stove game. So be easy on me. We bought a house in February with a quadrafire Castile stove in it and it’s been flawless until now. The stove is calling for pellets but no feed. I took it all apart and vacuumed everything that I could. The inside and the exhaust in the back. After I did I tried the first fire start from the manual and I started feeding again and I thought I had won the battle.... but a hour or so later it stopped working again. I’ve been reading thread after thread about possible problems but I’m not going to lie it doesn’t make sense to me. I have a little continuity meter and I touched it to every switch and light lit up. So I’m at a total loss and I’m looking for laymen term guidance. Please help.

2. Don2222

Don2222
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 1, 2010
    Loc:
    Salem NH
    Sounds like the bladder in the vacuum switch is leaking when the stove gets hot. I would test and / or replace the vacuum switch. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. GoldMiner31

GoldMiner31
    New Member 2.
    NULL

May 23, 2019
    Loc:
    Colorado
    Thank you for the input. I’ll take a look at it when I get the chance and I’ll let you know if that was the case.

4. GoldMiner31

GoldMiner31
    New Member 2.
    NULL

May 23, 2019
    Loc:
    Colorado
    Another thing I’ve noticed is that the snap disk on the auger feed tube is wobbly and loose. Does that matter? I’d assume it should be snug. Correct me if I’m wrong.

5. Don2222

Don2222
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 1, 2010
    Loc:
    Salem NH
    It should be snug for safety but if that high light mit Snap Disc has not tripped then it will not effect the stove operation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...