Castle Serenity Igniter Install?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jman90

Dec 15, 2019
NH
I have a Castle Serenity pellet stove in the basement of my house used for supplemental heat. Yesterday I went to run it for the first time all season and got an “Ignite fail” error code twice, stove just dropped pellets until the burn pot was full. I called tech support and they believe the igniter crapped out so I ordered one yesterday. How DIY is installing the new one? Don’t have a local stove service and was told January was the earliest someone could come out...

If worse comes to worst, you could ignite your stove manually until the technician can get there, but If your manual gives an exploded view of the components, you might get some idea of how hard the ignitor would be to replace yourself.

How did you make out? I believe the motor must be removed first to pull out the old igniter and install the new one, but I'm sure you know that by now. What do they charge for an igniter? Did you replace it yourself? Good luck.