Castle Serenity No vacuum pressure

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Marina1327

Apr 23, 2015
New Jersey
So almost two months later and still nothing. I have sent videos to the engineers, they have suggested I try sealing all around the stove with high temp silicone...I also ordered a new gasket for around the exhaust motor...only bright side is that its starting to warm up here so I won't need heat soon...I miss my pellet stove...hoping I can finally figure out what's causing the issue.

What brand and model stove? Any fault codes? Assume it's not feeding pellets due to lack of vacuum. Plugged exhaust pipe? Did you have another thread asking for help previously?

So almost two months later and still nothing. I have sent videos to the engineers, they have suggested I try sealing all around the stove with high temp silicone...I also ordered a new gasket for around the exhaust motor...only bright side is that its starting to warm up here so I won't need heat soon...I miss my pellet stove...hoping I can finally figure out what's causing the issue.

I was wondering how things went when you last said the company wanted video. Did you put the video on youtube so others here can see it?

The rest of the story ... https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/frustrated.160753/page-3#post-2165038

Did you or your brother try to by-pass the vacuum switch to test it? This is for testing only .. not to be run that way as it is a safety feature. Easiest is to set up a jumper wire with spade connectors (male) on each end and just make sure connectors cannot ground on the cabinet. Always unplug the stove before working in the cabinet.

Other thing ... was the port where the tube for the vac switch connects to the exhaust/fire box ever probed to make sure it is not clogged?