Jake86 Posted By Jake86, Nov 11, 2017 at 9:26 PM

1. Jake86

Jake86
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 8, 2015
    Loc:
    Plymouth, Massachusetts
    Anyone replaced a proof of fire switch 52c in a castle serenity pellet stove? Think that's the problem, anyways. Thanks

2. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    Out of the manual

Control reads out of fuel, check burn pot. Add fuel to the hopper.If the hopper is full, relight if it continues to give that signal. Then enter the diagnostic area of the controller. A circle next to “NTC1” should be highlighted. If not, replace the 52C proof of fre switch. Check pigtail leads, replace spade terminals as necessary

Pg. 29 tells you how to get into diagnostics mode

Deezl Smoke likes this.
  3. Jake86

Jake86
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 8, 2015
    Loc:
    Plymouth, Massachusetts
    Did that. Seems my proof of fire switch needs to be replaced according to the diagnostic screen. Probably over my head, anyways. Going to call Artasan Monday and order the part and call a stove company unless someone knows how to Replace It.

4. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    It looks like it's right above your exhaust motor on the housing, 2 screws and 2 wires. but if your not comfortable opening up the back of the stove. i would definitely call service. let us know how you make out Jake

rich2500 likes this.
  5. Jake86

Jake86
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 8, 2015
    Loc:
    Plymouth, Massachusetts
    Thanks. Assam must be busy with the cold weather. Left a message. You reminded me to check the manual for the location of the switch. We really miss the ps here, have to put the thermostat to 72 to duplicate it. Thanks again.
    Dog pirate.

6. Deezl Smoke

Deezl Smoke
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 28, 2015
    Loc:
    Oregon
    I'm borrowing this picture from dooley67 in a thread about serenitys now on page two,.
    20171109_174018-jpg.jpg

Remove 4 screws and take the right side panel off. The stove should have a spare switch already installed. Just move the wires over and when the new switch comes in, replace the bad one for future.

7. Jake86

Jake86
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 8, 2015
    Loc:
    Plymouth, Massachusetts
    Spoke to Artasam a few hours ago and I was told about the extra proof of fire connection, swapped the wires. Unfortunately, still not feeding pellets. Must be something else. Calling Artsam for followup. Thanks

8. Deezl Smoke

Deezl Smoke
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 28, 2015
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Can you share a few more details, or if you already have uploaded them, tell me where? I'm curious what the main symptoms are. Do any pellets feed to ignite?

9. Jake86

Jake86
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 8, 2015
    Loc:
    Plymouth, Massachusetts
    While ps was running for about 6 hours it stopped feeding pellets and blew cold air, a red alarm light was lit. Screen said check fire pot and pellet bin. Bin full of pellets fire pot fine. Went to trouble shooting guide and it indicated proof of fire switch may be problem. Swapped terminals and still didn't load pellets. So Proof Of Fire Switch Not Problem. Still Waiting For Adasam To Call. Thanks

10. Jake86

Jake86
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 8, 2015
    Loc:
    Plymouth, Massachusetts
    JUst got off the phone with Adasam. Turns out I need a new vacuum switch. Thanks to Bonnie at Adasam. They are great! Their customer service is super, but you knew that. Thanks guys. I'll keep you posted.

11. Deezl Smoke

Deezl Smoke
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 28, 2015
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Did they ask you to verify that no pellet fines were between the hopper lid and the seal? It's important that the lid be able to close fully and push the lid switch down.

12. Jake86

Jake86
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 8, 2015
    Loc:
    Plymouth, Massachusetts
    Yes Sir, I checked that and all was well there. Waiting on the new vac switch. Looks to be a piece of cake to swap out. Hopefully, she'll fire up then. Thanks

13. Jake86

Jake86
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 8, 2015
    Loc:
    Plymouth, Massachusetts
    New vac switch arrived today. Easy to install, 4 screws, vac hose, and two plug in connectionS. Unfortunately, Ps Still Not Feeding. Uuugggghhh! Called Adasam And Now Determinef Its The Auger Motor. Orderered The Part. I'll Let You Know Next Week When The Part Arrives What Happens next. Anyone changed out an augar motor ?

14. Deezl Smoke

Deezl Smoke
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 28, 2015
    Loc:
    Oregon
    I'm tired of waiting. I want your stove running now. Can you call them back and get the voltages for the wires that plug into the auger motor please? Then we will take the side panel off and diagnose. If no power or incorrect power is going to the motor from the controller, then a new motor will not work either. We need to nail down the location of the issue. Throwing parts at it and delaying the time you should have a stove, is getting tiresome.

Ssyko likes this.
  15. bob bare

bob bare
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2013
    Loc:
    park county montana
    LOL they are 115 volt,but they also use a run capacitor,which may be the problem.

16. bob bare

bob bare
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2013
    Loc:
    park county montana
  17. Deezl Smoke

Deezl Smoke
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 28, 2015
    Loc:
    Oregon
    So they're not reduced voltage? Do you know how to fool the controller to make the wires hot for testing?

18. bob bare

bob bare
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2013
    Loc:
    park county montana
    Gotta have the capacitor wired in,as it is what makes the motor run,by reversing the poles.Not easy like regular auger motor

19. bob bare

bob bare
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2013
    Loc:
    park county montana
    But they also made different versions of that stove,would have to check the wiring digram by serial number

20. Jake86

Jake86
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 8, 2015
    Loc:
    Plymouth, Massachusetts
    @Dezzel Thanks
    Auger is already on its way. It's $50. Cheaper than Amazon and Artsam gave me free shipping. looks Like i Have To Remove The Rear Panel To Replace It. Fit Into Some Kind Of Bearing Ill Have To Figure Out.

21. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    hey bob, all that cap does is switch poles? why not use a regular auger motor that is made for the correct rotation? my curiosity is getting the best of me

22. bob bare

bob bare
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2013
    Loc:
    park county montana
    A cap motor generally starts better,runs quieter,and stronger,but if it was mine it would be getting a 50 dollar conventional motor,lol

23. Jake86

Jake86
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 8, 2015
    Loc:
    Plymouth, Massachusetts
    SUCCESS ! ! Replaced the auger motor and it finally works. I was suffering from pellet stove withdrawal. No more. Had a hard time disconnecting the old motor wiring. Had to wait for my weight lifter son to come over and manhandle the connection plug and he nearly broke his hand doing it! Also, a screw was seized and had to hammer it lose. A real pain changing the old motor out. Well, so far this bad boy has cost me a lot of head aches, but for the money it can't be beat. Thanks to you Hearth.com members for all the help.

bob bare, GT_Sharp and Deezl Smoke like this.
  24. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    Nice glad your up and runnig Jake