Castle Serenity

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ddedrickson

Aug 17, 2015
Denver
HI All,

New to the forum as I just purchased the Castle Serenity Pellet Stove. Had it installed last Friday and the installers did a terrific job. Got the stove going and they briefly showed me how it works. Of course as soon as they left, the stove went awry. Stove stopped igniting and kept getting an error about checking the hopper to make sure its full or to check the burn pot. All was fine there. I would then turn the stove off, wait 30 minutes and try again. Did this on and off for 5+ hours with the same results. Now the stove doesn't ignite whatsoever. Haven't had the opportunity to call tech service at Castle yet, but would anybody have any ideas as to what's going on? Thanks for any and all assistance. thanks!

Dave

By the time I get done with writing this post the folks in cheese land should be up and about and in from milking the cows:) A failure this early with those codes etc is probably a bad board as it should at least try and feed and start the ignition sequence and run for a few minutes before a shut down if the proof of fire is sensor is not satisfied.
Good luck and welcome

HI All,

New to the forum as I just purchased the Castle Serenity Pellet Stove. Had it installed last Friday and the installers did a terrific job. Got the stove going and they briefly showed me how it works. Of course as soon as they left, the stove went awry. Stove stopped igniting and kept getting an error about checking the hopper to make sure its full or to check the burn pot. All was fine there. I would then turn the stove off, wait 30 minutes and try again. Did this on and off for 5+ hours with the same results. Now the stove doesn't ignite whatsoever. Haven't had the opportunity to call tech service at Castle yet, but would anybody have any ideas as to what's going on? Thanks for any and all assistance. thanks!

Dave

Mr.D. wondering if you ever got your stove squared away. Just bought a Castle from Home depot on line. Did you ever try unplugging the unit? Or was it a more involved job?

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.