Cause for concern?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

PistolPeets

Jan 1, 2019
Upstate New York
While inspecting the insert liner/baffle today, I took a picture and noticed a small hole in the liner (8 o'clock position) as well as a bent piece of what I assume is a shroud. Do these create an unsafe condition?

Attachments

• 20190121_161749.jpg
    20190121_161749.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 250
While inspecting the insert liner/baffle today, I took a picture and noticed a small hole in the liner (8 o'clock position) as well as a bent piece of what I assume is a shroud. Do these create an unsafe condition?
Yeah that's not good. You could probably hammer it back down tight

The picture orientation I see shows a screw or rivet at the 8 o'clock position. The gap at 3 o'clock should be tapped flat with a steel rod or something and if you feel the need, smear some furnace cement on in. I think it will be ok once you've done that. It will be something you want to check every time you take the stove apart.

I think you're right! I was thinking it was a tear, but upon further review of the picture, I believe it is a screw with a shadow behind it. As far as the bent steel, I'll try to get that hammered down as soon as I can. Probably won't be until tomorrow. Working long hours today and won't even start a fire :confused: