ebaumcratz Posted By ebaumcratz, Feb 11, 2018 at 11:17 AM

1. ebaumcratz

ebaumcratz
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 11, 2018
    Loc:
    PA
    I need help. My wood burner is plugged with creosote. I'm trying to take off the fire plate in the back of the boiler out, to clean out the chains. Currently they will not shake. I took the acorn nuts off and removed the two plates. But I can not break loose the next plate that has bolts welded to it. What is the best way to break this loose?

Can anyone help!!!

2. hondaracer2oo4

hondaracer2oo4
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Jan 18, 2012
    Loc:
    Canterbury NH
    I don’t have any first hand knowledge with your problem or model but I have heard of people having to use a hammer to tap around the perimeter of the cover to free it up. How long have you been running this edge? They have only been out two years. Sounds like you have a running issue or a loading issue if you have creosote after the nozzle.

3. warno

warno
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 3, 2015
    Loc:
    illinois
    I don't know anything about your model of boiler but I know about creosote. The stuff is like glue when wet and concrete when dry. Best I can say is try tapping on it with a hammer and get a side or corner worked loose then try to gently get a flat screwdriver or small pry bar in the loosened spot to pull it open. Be careful not to damage or possibly bend the cover As it may not reseal properly.

4. Dirthog4

Dirthog4
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 4, 2016
    Loc:
    Rubicon wi