Cb1200 quadrafire not staying running

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mzern

Jan 27, 2022
Nj
Hey everyone I have a quadrafire cb1200. It won't stay running for extended periods of times. It's clean, the pipes are clean, the pot is clean. When I start it up it starts and runs fine for a few hours. The out of no where shuts down. The hopper is full and there are unburned pellets in the pot. The light is on. There are no clinkers. I remove the pellets from the pot and hit reset and it ignights without a problem. Then runs for a few hours. Then randomly shuts off. Any help would be great

Not a quad person, but make sure the thermocouple is installed so the tip is in all the way,touching the inside of the ceramic housing. It is also a cheaper part to replace and try.

Try adjusting your feed gate. It may be starving for pellets causing the fire to go out and having more pellets drop on top in the pot and not lighting.

Check out my post. CB1200. Found areas to clean I had no idea existed. Just make sure you have a 5-7 layer filter for your shopvac! ;)