Cemi Concept 2 damper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jacob19

Feb 20, 2022
Tennessee
Hello all, I recently bought a house with a Cemi Concept 2 fireplace insert. From reading previous threads I see that the nob in the attached picture controls the damper. Does anyone know if the nob should be turned clockwise or counterclockwise once the fire is going? This is my first house with a chimney and I can't find the manual online. Thank you

20220220_090030.jpg

Has this system been checked out by a certified sweep? The consensus for this unit is that it is not a safe design because it can not be properly connected to a liner. It was designed as a slammer install which is no longer accepted or code legal.

I had a Cemi Concept 2 with Mica glass in our last house.
You can check the flue draft by burning some paper and watch the plume. I don't recall which way to turn knob.
But BEWARE , mine did not have a way to attach a liner pipe . heat just vented into open chimney. Top of stove just had a series of holes.
Use a inspection camera to see or call a pro.
Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you have not pulled the surround yet to get a look at the insert. Here is a link to images of the rear and talk on that insert, it is not able to be hooked up to a liner:

Thank you all for the advice. I used the burning paper and turning the nob to the right closes the damper.

How do I know if it's ok to have a fireplace insert without a liner in my area?

Thank you all for the advice. I used the burning paper and turning the nob to the right closes the damper.

How do I know if it's ok to have a fireplace insert without a liner in my area?