Central boiler cl4436 smoke

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mark1000

Jan 10, 2019
Ontario Canada
I'm looking at a used cl4436 boiler and I'm curious what to expect it to be like smoke wise does it smoke manly when the damper opens until the fire gets burning hot again . The guy I'm potentially buying it off says it doesnt smoke more then a normal wood stove. I can't seam to find a YouTube video related to its smoking habits . I tend to have mainly white ash that has been seasoned for one year on hand .

Any info or a video would be appreciated

The guy I'm potentially buying it off says it doesnt smoke more then a normal wood stove.

Ha! Wood stoves don't normally smoke at all except when you first light it.

The ones I've seen smoke until it burns down to coals. Especially if the wood is damp.
If you want minimal smoke you'll have to go with a gasser. My thoughts anyway.

I've found a empyr 400 gasifier but that's a company that I understand no longer exists and I seem to find alot of them for sale with a leak . Also alot bigger then what I need I'm only trying to heat 2 building with approximately 2300sqft combined

Any info or a video would be appreciated
&pid=1.7&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia1.tenor.com%2fimages%2f17fe08ed60a5465d5c1f86ca73e783ce%2ftenor.gif

That boiler with natural draft is one of the most consistent that I have ever seen, or not been able to see due to smoke. They are a big reason as to why the EPA made new regulations and fall under the not for sale by any state, like Indiana where I live, that has adopted the EPA regs. Not large enough to be considered commercial. I wanted one two years ago and could not find any dealer that would sell it to me.

Do yourself a favor and look at the Crown Royal Multipass and Heatmaster C series of you want a non gasser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: brenndatomu