Central NH pellet stove dealer/stove recomendation St Croix?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nhdblfan

Jun 5, 2008
Central NH
greetings all,
been lurking and reading as much as I had time for here and getting to the point where I think I should make a purchase.
First, any other NH's have a recomendation for a good dealer to purchase from in central NH-north of Concord area ?I suspect "best deal" is out of the question as the call I have made seem to indicate a strong demand,little in stock left and a buy it now while you still can get one senario.

second a brand reccomendation.
I have a expanded cape,wood stove in walk out basement that will not heat whole house,two fireplaces that are really not positioned well for a insert.I do have a good spot (will be direct vent outside)near bottom of stairs leading to 2nd floor that will heat first floor living room,kitchen,dining room and hopefully carry a decent amount to the bedrooms above.Total space,not counting basment is a bit over 2500 sq.Use 8-1000 gal of fule oil along with 3 cords in the wood stove.Hope to cut the fuel oil at least in half maybe more.

Read lots of bad things on here about the Quatra fire ,lots of good about the Harmans (wife likes the look of the XXV-but doubt we could find one).Any thoughts on the St Croix Hastings?
Open to the suggestions,also sources for wood pellets (softwood? hard wood?)
thanks in advance

I was looking at the st. croix hastings today..freestanding. It is rated at 35,000 btu. Will that be enough for your space. I have 1650 sq I'm looking to heat in a raised ranch. I don't want to have to run it on high. I'm not sure if it will be enough for your space. Let me know what you decide. PM me if you want

Hi ,
and thank you both for the post.

Really Hot , I checked out that web site thanks.I am not near there but a friend is over that way and she is looking at them too for both her home and Country store in Chocorua (which burns 1500 gallons a "winta").

Firestarter,
good point with the size.My wife likes that style/look and it will be sitting in the corner of house by kitchen.Are there any brands,perhaps that Harman XXV (are they even still available?)

Just looked at CNBC,Morgan Stanley came out with a prediction of 150 per barrel by July 4th,its on a run this morning.One thing for sure heating homes is not getting any cheaper unless we start drilling here in the states.

Hi ,
well on the way to the St Croix we went by a dealer in Hooksett who was had the Harman's so we stopped to look.There was a good bit of showroom traffic for a 90 degree day and after waiting for the couple in front of us to get done (they bought a Harman insert) we decided to pull the trigger and ordered a Harman XXV.My wife liked the look of it the best and hopefully it should be here end of July.Also bought the direct vent,pad and vav as they gave a discount when you bought the stove.We are a bit further then he normally service's but I am installing it myself if/when there is an warrenty repair issue I am ok with doing the labor part with his phone help (semi retired after 25 years in swimming pool service-intalled and serviced over 1000 pool heaters so I should be able to learn one pellet stove).Spent almost 4K but with fuel oil at $5.00 and going higher the payback should be a 2 season no brainer
Next concern is finding pellets, after scanning the neighborhood there are two other homeowners with pellet stoves so we hope to be able to put together a larger order or at least combine efforts.Thats the one weak link in this pellet stove chain availablity of pellets.

nhdblfan said:
Hi ,
well on the way to the St Croix we went by a dealer in Hooksett who was had the Harman's so we stoppd to look.There was a god bit of showroom traffic for a 90 degree day and after waiting for the couple in front of us to get done (they bought a Harman insert) we decided to pull the trigger and ordered a Harman XXV.My wife liked the look of it the best and hopefully it should be here end of July.Also bought the direct vent,pad and vav as they gave a discount when you bought the stove.We are a bit further then he normally service's but I am installing it myself if/when there is an warrenty repair issue I am ok with doing the labor part with his phone help (semi retired after 25 years in swimming pool service-intalled and serviced over 1000 pool heaters so I should be able to learn one pellet stove).Spent almost 4K but with fuel oil at $5.00 and going higher the payback should be a 2 season no brainer
Next concern is finding pellets, after scanning the neighborhood there are two other homeowners with pellet stoves so we hope to be able to put together a larger order or at least combine efforts.Thats the one weak link in this pellet stove chain availablity of pellets.

Can you let us know what you paid? That is one of the stoves I am considering. Were other stoves also on sale?
Thanks.

I paid 3K for the stove he gave me a 10% discount on all the other stuff I bought.I have to call him and add a direct vent wall pass through so we will be over 4K by the time I get done.Still no luck on the pellets,this may turn out to be a expensive pot holder will see.
How far north are you walks?There is a place in Lebanon that sell the Harmans as well.I would get in order in pretty quick if I where you I could not get over how busy these places are.
Do you have a source for pellets?

I just pulled the trigger on a Hastings. I got it for $2200 because it was from a cancelled order, so he gave me a huge discount on it since it was "unpacked" already. Never used. I also got all my pipe and everything came out to about $2800 which is why I went with it. I'm looking to heat about 1400 sq feet, and I'm hoping it will do the job. I'm in the process of installing it, so I can't give any real time reviews on it. Now to find pellets.....

Status
Not open for further replies.