Central Vermont Home Depot offering Fireside $187.00/Ton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fireside Ultra's are NOT a very good pellet....keep looking.

imacman said:

"NOT VERY GOOD" is the understatement of the year. Fireside Ultra's are just plain GARBAGE.

In the three years I've owned my stove, not once have I ever had a "Clinker". No lie, zero clinkers in 3 years. Last week I picked up 4 bags of Fireside Ultras from HD and I couldn't believe the clinkers I was getting. Looked like charcoal briquettes at the bottom of my burn pot. Heat output at the exchange tubes was 18 degrees colder than Freedom Fuel. Switched back to Freedom Fuel and surprise ...surprise.. No More Clinkers and the heat output returned to normal.

Glosta said:
imacman said:

"NOT VERY GOOD" is the understatment of the year. Fireside Ultra's are just plain GARBAGE.

In the three years I've owned my stove, not once have I ever had a "Clinker". No lie, zero clinkers in 3 years. Last week I picked up 4 bags of Fireside Ultras from HD and I couldn't believe the clinkers I was getting. Looked like charcoal briqueets at the bottom of my burn pot. Heat output at the exchange tubes was 18 degrees colder than Freedom Fuel. Switched back to Freedom Fuel and surprise ...surprise.. No More Clinkers and the heat output returned to normal.

I bought a couple bags last week and was pleasantly surprised. As people were saying in this thread https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/65894/, maybe they are different than last year. I just bought 15 bags today at HD in Danvers, the bags say Montreal Canada. I will let you know in a few days how they are burning.

Glosta, I'm curious where your bags were from, if you still have them?

countk said:
Glosta said:
imacman said:

Glosta, I'm curious where your bags were from, if you still have them?

I picked up four bags of Fireside Ultras last week at Home Depot in Reading (based on the exact testimonial thread you referenced). I "burned" two bags and returned the remaining two bags this afternoon. The Reading HD has 7 tons of the Fireside Ultras (4 pallets inside and 3 pallets still wrapped in the Garden Center). They also have 1 and 1/2 pallets of Freedom Fuel remaining. One ton of Freedom Fuel still wrapped appears to be on hold for a customer??? The 1/2 pallet of Freedom Fuel is 12 bags lighter as of 4:00 PM today. :) They have the lawn mowers and barbecue grills assembled and staged in the Garden Center, so I'm guessing this could be it for wood pellets until next season.

Glosta,

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I did mean on the bags themselves, did they say Montreal, Quebec, Product of Canada, as that thread referenced? That is on the bags I got. I'm burning them now and would say they are very decent, maybe not quite as good as Chow or Green Team, but I'm happy with them for the price.

FYI, Home Depot in Lowell had Green team as of yesterday! I'm telling you because I know how much of an addicted pig you are. Oink Oink!!

countk said:
Glosta,

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I did mean on the bags themselves, did they say Montreal, Quebec, Product of Canada, as that thread referenced? That is on the bags I got. I'm burning them now and would say they are very decent, maybe not quite as good as Chow or Green Team, but I'm happy with them for the price.

FYI, Home Depot in Lowell had Green team as of yesterday! I'm telling you because I know how much of an addicted pig you are. Oink Oink!!

Hey Count - Sorry for the confusion regarding "where the Fireside Ultra's came from" :lol:

I just grabbed one of the empty bags. It says "The Premier Pellet Corporation", Montreal, Quebec, H3B 4Y1 Bag made in USA PRODUCT OF CANADA.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Green Team's in Lowell. I might just shoot up there tomorrow and grab 15-20 bags. My stove really liked Green Team pellets. I didn't know Home Depot carried Green Team??? I thought Green Team was only available at Lowes.

Glosta,

My bad, it is the Lowe's in Lowell, also the Home Depot in Tewksbury has Stove Chow.

Status
Not open for further replies.