century

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

superduke

Jan 3, 2006
so far so good,

Attachments

• DSC00203.JPG
    DSC00203.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 834
Nice install,

Is that a basement. Cement floor? How do you get the heat upstairs?

Carpniels

Yes the install is in the basement on a cement floor,painted grey). I am still trying to figure out a good solution to
getting warm air upstairs. I tried taking off some access covers on the furnaces cold air intake but found that with the blower
on the force of air is too much and it coold down. At this point I leave the basement door opened, get small amount of warm air
but not enough in my opinion. The big thing is that the main floor floors are now warmer. The lp furnace comes on only once in a while
unless someone turns it up. If is gets too cold, I have a regency insert in the fireplace, I just light it but after a while it gets way too hot in
entire house, at two in the morning we are opening doors and windows too cool it off

Status
Not open for further replies.