chain on backwards on my new saw!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bammer

Jul 7, 2008
SE CT
Picked up a Husky 455 from TSC on saturday. I finally oiled and fueled her up last night. I should have noticed but I didn't,fired her up and just letting her warm and seat in when whammo chain comes right off! It was on backwards!! ARRRG It hit the chain stop and put a few burrs on the drive teeth,so I put on my brand new spare the right way and I cut for a few minutes. I'm liking it so far.

Who was the bigger idiot,the chain installer or me for not checking???

Many posters here have reported that anything assembled at TCS you have to double check bolts and fluid levels, etc so I'm not surprised to hear that. They have a lot of HS kids working there to keep prices lower and if they never did that before...I guess it's part of the learning curve. The youngsters that work at the Oneida TCS are always very helpful and nice...good for them for wanting to work and gain real world experience.

...just say'en I also have an 041 farmboss that's still running since '77. Replaced about 3 recoil starters over the years. I'd like to trade it up but it's kind of become my good luck charm.

Bammer said:

Certainly wouldn't rate you as an idiot... I think we all expect a store to assemble items properly. But there is a lesson here... perhaps that expectation has become unreasonable with companies hiring kids to keep costs down and then not training them.

I'd let the store manager know about this ASAP. First, and most important, it could save someone else from a flying chain with serious injury. Secondly he/she should compensate you for the damaged chain.

EngineRep said:
Bammer said:

Certainly wouldn't rate you as an idiot... I think we all expect a store to assemble items properly. But there is a lesson here... perhaps that expectation has become unreasonable with companies hiring kids to keep costs down and then not training them.

I'd let the store manager know about this ASAP. First, and most important, it could save someone else from a flying chain with serious injury. Secondly he/she should compensate you for the damaged chain.

I fully expect a new chain. I also plan on giving them an earfull!

hedgeburner said:
youll really like that saw its a work horse!

Good to hear,as I have more negatives than positives.. I plan on giving it a work out BIG time!

Status
Not open for further replies.