Chainsaw accident you need to see on Renovation Realities

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I "THINK" I saw the video you are referring to. The people look familiar and the guy was cutting shrubbery or something and there was net-wire fencing behind the brush, that was visible. The chainsaw kicked back off the wire--I guess--and nicked his shoulder. The young lady patched him up.
If this is the one, I called my wife into the room and run the controller back for her to see.
Don't see how it could have been "staged" !!

Thats it.

How "Kete" did not end up dead is a mystery as is how he's gotten this far in life. It's one thing to be ignorant but another to not have enough sense to learn a few basics.

Precisely.And to laugh about it afterwards & think its "f*^%$# awesome" shows how ignorant some people really are.
Best things he could do is 1.Put that saw down before he kills himself or someone else.2.Sell it & use the money to hire a real pro who knows what they're doing.

Reactions: Sinngetreu
Thistle,

Thanks for the video on Kete's fail. Everything said "barberchair" so he cut's a heavy leaner without a face, "chairs" the tree, hangs it and then does it again. Amazing the third tree didn't do God's work of throwing a little bleach in the gene pool.

Reactions: ErikR
After seeing Kete in action I am reminded of the famous quote by Dean Wormer; "Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son".

I think the video of Kete is staged. :rolleyes: Yeah, no doubt it was staged,,,,,,,

Because NO ONE can be THAT clueless!!

After seeing this yesterday, I went home and jumped on youtube and was blown away at some of the footage on there with people not knowing how to use a chainsaw...this bit of footage in particular had me shaking my head....

I know there's a lot of guys here with plenty of experience and training using chainsaws (me not being one of them). Anyone want to recommend a good resource for some basics? I've looked at videos from the manufacturers but since I don't get much "seat" time I'm always looking for more/better info.

From a city boy's POV.... the fella in the first video obviously didn't think. If you're gonna use ANY tool (chainsaw, electrical appliance, wood stove, handgun, etc. etc) the first question is, "How might I hurt myself or someone else?" 5 seconds' consideration of that question trumps all the training in the world.

After seeing this yesterday, I went home and jumped on youtube and was blown away at some of the footage on there with people not knowing how to use a chainsaw...this bit of footage in particular had me shaking my head....

And they can vote.
And buy guns.
And, in most states, teach your children....

What goes on in some people's mind?
Speaking of safety - wife gave me chaps and safety helmet for Christmas.

Anyone want to recommend a good resource for some basics?

If you've got 45 minutes to kill, this is the best instructional chainsaw video I've seen:

Status
Not open for further replies.