Chainsaw and other dump finds!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Reactions: rwh63
Check to see if dehumidifier has been recalled due to fire risk. (I have one that looks exactly like it). They will refund you money if you submit a pic the the cord snipped. 150$ for mine.
fyi, i checked, and no recall on the 45 pint version.

Reactions: EbS-P
thx. got the saw started, ran nice. added fresh bar oil, fuel w/a little stabil and a little seafoam. it cleaned up well too. nice that the case and a few accessories were included! months of amazing picks at my local dump (i.e. transfer station).

Reactions: Sean McGillicuddy
Picked this up beside the road this morning. Had oil in the gas and compression. Started on 6 th pull. It’s It’s as cheap as you could make one but it was free.

10716FD4-9E55-41F5-8314-5388E0BA33F0.jpeg

I was dumping some some scrap metal and looked around.

Found a nice Weber 3 burner gas grill. Just needed new grates and flavorizor bars and cleaning.

No one around it went into car

Got the parts. Just need to clean and put it on Craigslist for $300

The metal dumpster is right next to the regular dumpster at our local refuse center. I ALWAYS take a gander in the metal dumpster when I go. A couple of summers ago I found this Husky 345. Took it home, put gas in it and it fired right up. Wouldn't stay running for long though and it had a gas leak. Took it to my saw guy and $100 later I had a new to me saw.
KIMG0974.JPG

Reactions: rwh63 and PaulOinMA
Nice! I need to sign up at the transfer station in town. It's close to our house.