Change my mind

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
That sure looks like a new Holland. I’ve been really happy with mine
Ls makes the new holland and caseih compacts and subcompacts

Nice tractor. Like a kid with a new toy. Lol. Congrats.

Reactions: Gearhead660
I use mine a lot for handling logs and it’s very impressive. I’ve actually had one of the rears come off the ground even with the backhoe attached. Probably not the best on the bearings. There’s an easy to clean filter in front of the radiator that catches quite a bit on mine. Something to check

313E19B7-A226-48A6-8796-994E3C85224D.jpeg

I use mine a lot for handling logs and it’s very impressive. I’ve actually had one of the rears come off the ground even with the backhoe attached. Probably not the best on the bearings. There’s an easy to clean filter in front of the radiator that catches quite a bit on mine. Something to check

View attachment 309893
Which model do you have?

It’s the 33 workmaster. I bought it new in 2015 with the woods backhoe and a couple other implements. Battery is finally starting to show its age. I put it on one of those reconditioners for a couple days and might get a little more life out of it. Other than that, it’s been a very good tractor. Hopefully get it down and get the brush grapple installed someday for tree work

The lift capacity on the LS is nearly the same as on my Branson but the bare tractor weighs 1200 lbs less. Mine also has the rear tires loaded with Rimguard which adds another 500lbs. Even with that and a 500lb box blade on the back the rear end feels a little light when I'm carrying something close to the loader capacity like an IBC tote full of wood. I think you're going to want a weight box or something else heavy on the back if you're going to use the loader near capacity.

Glad you got the delivery, @Gearhead660. I remember when my bucket looked like that. Doesn't last long!

Being a gearhead, do you have any mods planned?

The lift capacity on the LS is nearly the same as on my Branson but the bare tractor weighs 1200 lbs less. Mine also has the rear tires loaded with Rimguard which adds another 500lbs. Even with that and a 500lb box blade on the back the rear end feels a little light when I'm carrying something close to the loader capacity like an IBC tote full of wood. I think you're going to want a weight box or something else heavy on the back if you're going to use the loader near capacity.
Agree with the need for ballast. I went and moved some totes full of green oak. Without any ballast, was able to move them around but rear was very light.

Glad you got the delivery, @Gearhead660. I remember when my bucket looked like that. Doesn't last long!

Being a gearhead, do you have any mods planned?
You bet. I have a hard time leaving anything alone!
Already got third function added. Will be adding rear remotes, more lighting, going to add some expanded metal to grill guard for more protection.
Think I will leave the engine alone on this one...

Congrats on the new toy…err I mean tractor. I purchased a new tractor back in Nov and need to get some forks as they are super helpful but would also like someone more like a grapple-fork. Makes lifting logs easier and more stable.

E4A3AB11-4F44-4B95-A9C7-9B7D4BFC2E0D.png

going to add some expanded metal to grill guard for more protection.

Do it before you break something. I recently broke a plastic grill piece on my Branson while doing some grapple work. I'm usually pretty careful but I wasn't careful enough this one time. The metal to make the guard has been sitting in my garage for four years. I just didn't get around to making it. I hope the part is not too expensive.

Think I will leave the engine alone on this one...

There's not much you can easily do to most modern CUT engines. There's no tuners available for EFI models, or turbo kits, or anything really. Not like with pickup trucks or cars or motorcycles.

Do it before you break something. I recently broke a plastic grill piece on my Branson while doing some grapple work. I'm usually pretty careful but I wasn't careful enough this one time. The metal to make the guard has been sitting in my garage for four years. I just didn't get around to making it. I hope the part is not too expensive.

There's not much you can easily do to most modern CUT engines. There's no tuners available for EFI models, or turbo kits, or anything really. Not like with pickup trucks or cars or motorcycles.
Yes, these engines are usually pretty locked down, but are modifyable in certain circumstances. For instance, the engine in my Kioti CK2610 has a fuel regulation screw that is set and crimped under a metal cap cap. This is because it is turned back to 24.X horsepower to meet the tier 4 emission exception. The removal of this cap and a simple adjustment of the screw allows approx. 5-7 more HP (20-28%) , as that was what the engine was designed for prior to tier 4. Drivetrain, airflow and cooling systems were also designed to work all day with this HP. @Gearhead660's new toy may or may not have this option. But it may warrant research if @Gearhead660 were so inclined.

Yes, these engines are usually pretty locked down, but are modifyable in certain circumstances. For instance, the engine in my Kioti CK2610 has a fuel regulation screw that is set and crimped under a metal cap cap. This is because it is turned back to 24.X horsepower to meet the tier 4 emission exception. The removal of this cap and a simple adjustment of the screw allows approx. 5-7 more HP (20-28%) , as that was what the engine was designed for prior to tier 4. Drivetrain, airflow and cooling systems were also designed to work all day with this HP. @Gearhead660's new toy may or may not have this option. But it may warrant research if @Gearhead660 were so inclined.
If it has a regular injector pump, it can be adjusted. Alot of the new engines use common rail injection system and that would require ecm tuning to get more power out of it.

The engine in the tractor I got is the same as the 30 and 35 hp versions. All about the tuning/ecm.

Reactions: duramaxman05
The emissions limits are lower on a per HP basis the bigger the engine is. There are category breaks at 25.5hp and 75hp. And two below that but we can ignore them. The way current tech works out, the machines under 25.5hp can meet the limits using combustion chamber shape and injection timing. Above 25.5hp most use a DOC+DPF, some use DOC alone, and a few just EGR. Nearly all use EFI. The current exception are the engines made by Kukje which are in Bransons and some TYMs. Those still have MFI using a clone of the well known Bosch VE pump. Above 75hp they're using DOC+DPF and EGR and DEF. The EGR and DEF systems are the most problematic on diesel trucks.

When I bought my Branson 3725 there was also a 4225 model with the same engine and running gear. Looking at the parts lists it appears that the only difference is the model number on the injection pump. Which makes me wonder if the real difference there is the setting on the pump. If I was closer to my dealer who has a dyno, I'd have them retune mine. I could use the extra 5hp when running the PTO chipper.

I have not seen any tuners for EFI tractors. Well there was one in eastern Europe but they looked shady and no one's used any of their tunes. Could just be a fake vendor on the web.

I've has some cars tuned and it's amazing what you can reliably get out of a turbo car. One of them went 100k miles on the tune before I sold it.

The emissions limits are lower on a per HP basis the bigger the engine is. There are category breaks at 25.5hp and 75hp. And two below that but we can ignore them. The way current tech works out, the machines under 25.5hp can meet the limits using combustion chamber shape and injection timing. Above 25.5hp most use a DOC+DPF, some use DOC alone, and a few just EGR. Nearly all use EFI. The current exception are the engines made by Kukje which are in Bransons and some TYMs. Those still have MFI using a clone of the well known Bosch VE pump. Above 75hp they're using DOC+DPF and EGR and DEF. The EGR and DEF systems are the most problematic on diesel trucks.

When I bought my Branson 3725 there was also a 4225 model with the same engine and running gear. Looking at the parts lists it appears that the only difference is the model number on the injection pump. Which makes me wonder if the real difference there is the setting on the pump. If I was closer to my dealer who has a dyno, I'd have them retune mine. I could use the extra 5hp when running the PTO chipper.

I have not seen any tuners for EFI tractors. Well there was one in eastern Europe but they looked shady and no one's used any of their tunes. Could just be a fake vendor on the web.

I've has some cars tuned and it's amazing what you can reliably get out of a turbo car. One of them went 100k miles on the tune before I sold it.
I have seen advertisements for tuning on bigger tractors. They may be able to do the small ones too. Not sure. The emissions is the most problematic on all diesel engines. Get rid of all the emission junk and they run totally different

Reactions: salecker