changed window gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerstroke guy73

Dec 17, 2012
just changed my window gasket yesterday. i thought that it was bad and probablly was due to the fact that one side of my widow was blacker than the other. after the change the entire window is black about half way down, i guess this is what i will live with. any comments....

just changed my window gasket yesterday. i thought that it was bad and probablly was due to the fact that one side of my widow was blacker than the other. after the change the entire window is black about half way down, i guess this is what i will live with. any comments....
Did you adjust the handle and do the dollar bill test? Also check that the ash dumps are in place and sitting flat to assure a proper seal.

Since it was just black on one side was one of the side ash doors open by accident. That stove has a ton of adjustment and it may just need dialed in differently since the new gasket. You can alter the combustion fan on the control panel and also the manual draft adjustment in the center. Maybe something here will need to be tweaked due to the new conditions.

Im with Smokey, did you cover the air wash up? Most stoves (not All) just have 3 sides to the Window gasket. Either the bottom or top is left open for fresh air to "wash" down it and keep it clean.

Reactions: Defiant
Status
Not open for further replies.