changing out combustor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dan the man

Mar 11, 2017
minnesota
looking for some advice, I own a lopi leyden and I will be changing out the combustor, I understand it is quite a project. How much time should I allow or expect to spend installing it.. I talked with Travis industries about the price hike on the combustors they said new material and they should last longer.

They have come out with "new" material that will last longer a few times, as did VC...

You should plan a few hours for the project. Get some PB blaster and soak the bolts down before you start. Make sure the kit includes the gasket that goes under refractory, between the floor of the stove and fireback. I've done a few and that gasket was not included in the kit.

Reactions: ddddddden