changing seals on pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chico

Sep 2, 2013
Onterio Canada
How often should you change the seals ??? Door seal , ash pan seal , exhaust fan seal .
I took my exhaust fan off to clean should I change the seal now ?? My stove is about 10 years old and iv never changed the door seal ! Should it be done more often ?

youre definately due !!!

i generally recommend with out products for door and window gaskets , 3 to 5 seasons (or as fair wear and tear applies) is a good benchmark. check your owners manual for input as well

Someone suggested closing the door on a peice of paper and if you couldn't pull it out then the seal is OK. I am working on two stoves now that are both over 4 years and need the doors to be to be done.

I did my door gasket this summer and I can see a big difference just trying to close the door.

Place a dollar bill on the gasket and close the door. Pull the bill. It should really fight you and not want to move. Spot check a few areas. If you can readily slide the bill out, your gasket is due for replacement.

I generally replace my door/hopper gaskets every other year, I clean the combustion blower every year so that gets a new one annually

Status
Not open for further replies.