Changing vent on scandia 310 c

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Blackieanchor

Jun 1, 2019
Rhode island
Could i flip the exhaust on the stove (2 hex head bolts) so they the exhaust is facing down then 90 into the t so that i can vent into flex tube up the chimney. Other wise i will have to cut into the chimney higher up

Attachments

• 20190601_102403.jpg
    20190601_102403.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 274
The 308 had a reversible flue. Not sure about a 310. If the flue outlet is attached at a 45º angle to the stove body it might work. You could try it with the caveat that there may be a gasket there. There is a Scandia manual that covers most models here, but not the 310.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/wiki/scandia-stoves/

The 308 had a reversible flue. Not sure about a 310. If the flue outlet is attached at a 45º angle to the stove body it might work. You could try it with the caveat that there may be a gasket there. There is a Scandia manual that covers most models here, but not the 310.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/wiki/scandia-stoves/

It's mounted to the stove on a 45 plate but the vent on the plate is also a 45 so it stands straight up at 90° then the Oval 8" adaptor sticks straight up. If the plate is flipped it should be on a 90° facing down. Maybe I could find a new adaptor with the Oval shape that would 90-° horizontal into the tee. I Just don't know what exists and what doesn't. Im new to this. I am a pipefitter so i suppose I could fab custom stuff if needed. Do they sell like aftermarket pieces to replace that cast iron plat and 45° vent?

Sometimes a picture is worth more than words. If the collar is designed to be reversed like the model 308 then it gets rotated 90º so that the outlet is horizontal, then turned around 180º.

outlet.jpg

Sometimes a picture is worth more than words. If the collar is designed to be reversed like the model 308 then it gets rotated 90º so that the outlet is horizontal, then turned around 180º.

View attachment 244623
Yea i have to find that grey piece. The adapter that fits around that cast exhaust is just a big oval cone. For some reason i picture that doing a 180 and being upside down if i flip it. I guess i will have to just flip it and see. If it comes out horizontal then i am golden. Even upside down I can make it work. My worry was just take there woupd be an issue with the exhaust dropping down out of the stove then horizontal into a tee. Im sure I will figure something out

Ended up just drawing the piece on paper and flipping it. Came out horizontal. Problem solved. Thank you. Im in the midst of moving so I'm kond of flustered and not thinking 100%