Checkout this Craigslist gentleman...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cptoneleg said:
I have seen ads around here you cut and pay $20.00 a pickup load, I haven't done it but does't seem too bad, but that price is too high.
I agree nothing wrong with the concept its just too much money, you pay to cut up scrap iron on a person's property and then sell it so not too far from reality I guess.

There is a good market out for this type thing. Some people I know will just buy a rik/truck load/what ever
once a year and not think twice about paying 80 bucks.
by the holidays it has dried up enough to get going in your Fire Place using a gas starter.
Smokes a lot, but they don't seem to mind.

They just say God I would hate to heat my house this way... LOL

You guys are a different breed.

JMO

mecreature said:

Hate to break it to ya...

SolarAndWood said:
mecreature said:

Hate to break it to ya...

Yeah thanks. LOL..
I kind of figured it out when I met Smokinjay

rdust said:
mecreature said:
its worth a try IMO

here is another twist to CL. I believe its on topic.

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/wan/2571188367.html

c/p_LOL

re: leftover wood for your tree jobs (freeloader!)

Date: 2011-08-29, 4:58AM EDT
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

So you want someone to basically deliver free firewood to your house? How pathetic. At least you could offer to pay for it and pick it up your damn self. You're not doing anyone a favor by having them deliver something to you for free that they could sell.

Sure is, this one here works for a bunch of members on this group. If a tree service doesn't have the time or want to process wood to sell for firewood they have to pay to dump it. It's easier to dump in someones driveway if you're working in their area rather than hauling it all the way to the dump.

Exactly how and why i get my wood.

Tree guy hauls to dump = 14 miles + 50-75$ per load.

Drops it in my wood lot = on the way back to his office. He pays me $50 bucks or $150 for the larger trucks.

Then i turn around spend my time, split, stack and then sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.