Chim-Flex (Integrity) SS Chimney Liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rosem

Aug 27, 2019
Northern Michigan
My local shop recommend "RLH", which appears to be Chim-Flex, which is now Integrity.

Does anyone have any experience with this brand? Any good?

They quoted $2,400 to knock out our clay tiles and install the liner with insulation.

Total chimney length is about 16'-18' from the wall knockout to the top.

Never heard of any of those

I just saw it's a local northern Michigan company. Maybe they are not that well known.
Are their products ul listed

Yes. Zero clearance when insulated. All 316L. Seems to have a real lifetime warranty too.

Does the price for install seem reasonable?
You don't need 316 for wood I would rather save some on the alloy and spend that on a thicker liner. The price isn't bad

For a liner and install its not bad.

Rigid then? I was thinking about doing it myself with insulated rigid Duraliner.
I personally don't like rigid I prefer heavywall flex liner. I have just had to many issues installing rigid. There is nothing wrong with rigid as long as your chimney is straight enough

What brand do you recommend?
I don't care that much about the brand just get one that is listed from a reputable manufacturer.

The Chim-Flex is a lightweight liner. I like rigid, it's what we had in our house. You need a clean shot down, and maybe it takes a little longer, but when it's done it is very solid and forgiving. Ours survived an earthquake and actually held the chimney top from coming down, as it did with the houses surrounding ours. DuraLiner rigid is fine. It's what hogwildz has in his chimney. Just be sure to use stainless pop-rivets.

Reactions: SpaceBus
I have a duraliner system waiting to be installed, due to recommendations from this forum.

Let me add this to the mix too. For a little bit more, there is a mason in the area (with good reviews) that does Supaflue poured liners. What's the general thought on poured liners vs. SS liners. We actually have a poured liner in our fireplace's masonry chimney that the previous owner did about 20 years ago. It seems to work well draft wise.

Is a poured liner overkill for a concrete block chimney? Overall I'm looking for something safe and long-lasting. One thing that is appealing the poured liner is that I think it can have a clay tile at the top to look more like our other chimney.

Let me add this to the mix too. For a little bit more, there is a mason in the area (with good reviews) that does Supaflue poured liners. What's the general thought on poured liners vs. SS liners. We actually have a poured liner in our fireplace's masonry chimney that the previous owner did about 20 years ago. It seems to work well draft wise.

Is a poured liner overkill for a concrete block chimney? Overall I'm looking for something safe and long-lasting. One thing that is appealing the poured liner is that I think it can have a clay tile at the top to look more like our other chimney.
The problem I have found working on poured in liners is durability. They just don't hold up well. And they are slightly pourous so moisture can soak in and cause damage.

What are the odds of a duraliner insulated rigid liner fitting inside a 6.75" clay tile?
Slim to none. Even a bare rigid liner is questionable. A couple offset liner joints and your screwed

What are the odds of a duraliner insulated rigid liner fitting inside a 6.75" clay tile?

Is this a square tile, or is that the smaller dimension of a rectangular?

If rectangular, look at the oval Duraliner.

What is the other dimension or is this a round clay tile? If this is a 7x 11 flue they make an oval liner for that situation.

One more question. Is it possible to get the Duraliner wall pass thru 6" from the wall? It says for the install it needs to stick 2" out and then you add a 10" rigid pipe. I'm assuming that 10" pipe could be any length assuming it meets the requirements.

It's 8x8.
bholler's right, that is a challenge even for 6" round. Might be worth considering 5.5" if the run is long enough.

What stove is this for and how tall will the liner be?

Just have the liners knocked out

I have an 8" square tile liner that I would like to reline with a 6" duraliner. Unfortunately I ran out of time this year so I'll be looking at the boxes in my spare room until it warms up again. Hopefully I won't have to break any tiles, but it might happen.