Chim-Flex (Integrity) SS Chimney Liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Just have the liners knocked out

Yeah. I think I'm going to have the mason do that when he raised the chimney a few blocks to bring it up to code. He does that a lot for the supaflue install, but will probably just run a rigid liner instead.

My local shop said they just have the rigid pipe stick out of the concrete block however far is needed to meet code. Is that possible? I thought it would look kind of wonky to have 1-2 ft of pipe sticking out the top of the block.

Yeah. I think I'm going to have the mason do that when he raised the chimney a few blocks to bring it up to code. He does that a lot for the supaflue install, but will probably just run a rigid liner instead.

My local shop said they just have the rigid pipe stick out of the concrete block however far is needed to meet code. Is that possible? I thought it would look kind of wonky to have 1-2 ft of pipe sticking out the top of the block.
If it is sticking out of the chimney that far it needs to be insulated

Yes, the duraliner is designed to extend past the top of your masonry chimney.