Chimney construction

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yeah I don't know why roofers don't seem to be able to do it right
Many wont take the time. Some i know are on and off the roof in half a shift,start to finish. Doesnt leave a lot of room for "Doing it right"

Most roofers don't do it right because they don't care. If you don't get the flashing tight to the chimney you will just compound your problems. If you use caulk your doing it wrong and will leak in a year as caulk don't last.
Good luck

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't know why roofers don't seem to be able to do it right
They could, but they are all about production. If you don't know about roofing, they are going to cut corners. When we had my MIL's house roofed they ripped all the gutter hangers loose and were gonna leave it hanging by the nails. I had to catch them and tell them that wasn't going to fly. :rolleyes: