Chimney Liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jcb81

Aug 31, 2023
New Hampshire
We have an old stone house (100+ years old). We installed a chimney liner several years ago. We are now looking to sell the house and have been advised the chimney liner is too small for the size of the fireplace. Does anyone know if this is a code violation in New Hampshire? I tried reading the regulations and it does not seem to me to be an issue but I am not certain.

It would probably be helpful if you could give us the dimensions of the fireplace opening, along with the flue size

We have an old stone house (100+ years old). We installed a chimney liner several years ago. We are now looking to sell the house and have been advised the chimney liner is too small for the size of the fireplace. Does anyone know if this is a code violation in New Hampshire? I tried reading the regulations and it does not seem to me to be an issue but I am not certain.
Not nessecarily a code violation but it just may not work properly. We definitely need more info

Thank you. See attached.

Fireplace Info.JPG

It definitely has problems. Can you post a picture of the fireplace that includes the whole hearth?