chimney liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stilesec

Hearth Supporter
Mar 7, 2007
OK. I showed you all my ugly stove the other day and everyone suggested that I upgrade my chimeny liner right away. I am still looking at inserts but didn't want to wait any longer on a new liner. Anyway I saw this on ebay. It seems to be a great price for SS liner, but since I put the wrong liner in the first time I thought I would check before I began round 2. I have a ~10" x 14" masonry chimney that runs 22' from my basement through a ranch house. The chimeny is located between my garage and the house so there is no direct contact with the outside until you reach the top. I also plan to order the insulation to go with it.

ebay can have some great deals but I like to be cautious when purchasing things outside my area of expertise. Thanks again for the great wealth of info and wonderful advice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/6-X-25-STAINLES...093692534QQcategoryZ41987QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The second one is just the liner pipe only. The first one is a complete kit with the pipe, clean-out tee, top plate and cap.

I bought a liner kit from the second vendor and have been very happy with it. In fact I am getting ready to buy another one from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.