Chimney pipe boots for corrugated roof flashing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bhd21478

Oct 18, 2010
Missouri
Has anyone on here used these rubber boots for flashing. I have a shop that we are installing a free standing wood stove in it. It has corrugated galvanized one piece panels,as in one piece of tin front to back. I have the standard roof jack flashing that people use with shingle roofs. I know there is also a moldable aluminum flashing that can be formed for seal. I came across these rubber boots that go around the outside of class a pipe. I want to see if anyone on here as used them and what the feedback was before using it. My roof is flat enough im afraid rain will blow in under the moldable flashing and thought the boot would work better. I found a good price at pipebootexpress, so if ayone has used that brand let me know,thanks

thanks guys. My roof is very flat. The front part of my roof is around 3 ft tallker than the back part. My father in law ex-builder was very leary about cutting a hole in the roof. He basically said with flashing its gonna leak and no any good way to seal it. I found the boot as an alternative. There is quite a difference in pricing from company to company. Ive also seen quite a few people placing the lesser heat resistant material as opposed to the silicone version.

I have two stoves using those moldable, red rubber boots. Pricey, but they work great. So far. I have had them installed about three years. My roofing is standing-seam steel panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.