Chimney pipe identification

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Machine88

Aug 4, 2022
Delaware
hello everyone , new member and wooden burner here. I’ve been reading a lot on this site for the past few months and finally decided to pull the trigger and ordered a Blaze King 40. I picked up this 8” stove pipe off marketplace for cheap but I need to buy a few fittings to make it work for my application. All of the stickers are missing does anyone recognize what brand this is to buy some more parts? Thanks in advance

406E90FE-09E9-4766-AD12-E6724718BD71.jpeg

@webby360? Not DuraVent or ICC. Selkirk? Interesting metal tabs...

It is buckled, that’s is one of the pieces I need to replace, but the king 40 has a vent straight out of the top so I would need a different fitting instead of a clean out t anyway right?

On the inside, using black double wall, make the first section on the stove an adjustable section. That way you can slide it up and place a bag around the pipe. Then if you clean from above, it will keep any accumulated material from going down into the bypass area.

That’s what I would like to do, I’m just having a hard time finding out what brand I need so that I can connect the black slip joint to the stainless pipe I bought used to go through my attic and roof

That is critical in getting the correct ceiling support box.

The cap resembles Security SecureTemp chimney, but the wall pass-through is not like the current version. Verify the age of this pipe and whether it is up to UL-103HT standards. If not, it might be an older 1700º chimney that is not usable on a modern stove.

It looks similar to some older Selkirk I have. Before they changed the way it locks together.
I have mine in a pile out back. I’ll go glance at it.

Edit: This is my Selkirk. It has the lock tabs and a band/ring that slides down over them. Mine is 6” pipe, so it doesn’t look exactly like the OP’s, but I think that’s what his is.

4DA37F86-7933-47BC-9B78-EEB06E5F25B4.jpeg

Last edited:
My Selkirk pipe is old and they don’t sell the parts for it anymore. At least new they don’t.
Selkirk switched over to a different locking system at some point. I looked for parts for mine about ten years ago and the place that sells Selkirk parts locally only had the newer style. Maybe someone has some NOS parts sitting on a shelf somewhere.

I’m saving my stuff for a barn, or possibly a sugar shack some day. I’m not sure you could legally install that pipe anymore. I think it’s rated for a lower temp like Begreen mentioned.

Well that’s a bummer.. I guess I have some expensive new 8” pipe in my future. Thanks everyone for the help it was much appreciated

I got a Dura vent 6” chimney last year. Cost me about a grand. I went with a Princess instead of a King though. So I only needed a 6” pipe.

I got my chimney from Amazon because they were one of the few places that had it in stock at the time. Home Depot had like 100 pieces in stock one day, and then the next they were all out. I waited until the fall though. Big mistake.

Well that’s a bummer.. I guess I have some expensive new 8” pipe in my future. Thanks everyone for the help it was much appreciated
I would much rather buy the appropriate piping brand new. It’s not really something u wanna mess around with. Chimney fires are real….

Reactions: clancey
I would much rather buy the appropriate piping brand new. It’s not really something u wanna mess around with. Chimney fires are real….
Yes, it's infrastructure. It is expensive, but peace of mind is priceless.