Chimney RX a legit product for sealing spider cracked crown?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coolin415

Jan 14, 2015
Littleton CO
Thinking of trying to save $$ by applying chimney RX ($50/gallon) to my spider cracked crown instead of having the Chimney sweep come out and do it for $350 with crown coat. Anybody have experience with this product?

Thanks for any help you give

That stuff looks similar to crown coat, you could do the crown coat yourself too and save money.

do you have pics of your crown? i only ask because in my experience the masonry needs to be pretty solid for any of those products to work well

Reactions: Jo191145
do you have pics of your crown? i only ask because in my experience the masonry needs to be pretty solid for any of those products to work well
Not a great shot of the crown but hopefully enough to make a solid recommendation. Disregard the ugliness of the damper. Trying to figure that out in a different thread. Thanks! damper.jpg

that looks pretty solid i think it would be a good canidate for crown seal or some similar product

Status
Not open for further replies.