Choice Made - ATTACK DPX

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pologuy9906

Aug 19, 2013
Connecticut
Thank you all. I really took the advice in the forum and came to the conclusion that the Attack would be a solid choice. I tried to go the Vedolux route but that was unfortunately out of budget. Now I have to go through the approval with my town and updatemy insurance company.

On average what type of increase do you see with the insurance premiums? I also need to start sourcing the parts. Someone previously stated getting top quality parts and make sure the installer knows what he/she are doing.

Im waiting on pricing for Attack storage tanks. If they are too pricey I will look into repurposed 250-333 gallon propane tanks. I want my tanks standing tall rather than flat.

Thank you all again for your advice. Hopefully the system performs.

To have a wood burning appliance in the house added about $100 a year with USAA and about $75 a year with Auto Owners.

To have a wood burning appliance in a detached shed added $50 a year with Auto Owners.

This assumes a conventional "back up" heat source is in place.

No premium for a wood boiler here. $25 dollar/year charge for a wood stove in the LR (which is burning the first fire this season tonight). Do your homework see if the insurance needs UL or ASME stamped boilers, some do some do not. The Attack is UL listed but not ASME stamped. Shop around for homeowners insurance if some give you a hard time.

I got around the "conventional backup" thing by installing some electric baseboard in the LR and boiler room as "my primary source of heat". Well it's only been on if we are away for a few bays in the winter.

TS

when I had the wood burner in the house it was a $50.00 / yr insurance charge. With the boiler shed no insurance charge, the shed is not insured. So the $50 probably covers the property tax on the shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.