CL Stihl 026

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DexterDay

Well.... I called on a $100 Stihl 026 and ended up walking out with 3 saws and a case for $100.

Buy one saw, get 2 free (and a case) ;)

The 2 Poulans both run and seem pretty nice (for the price) and the Stihl doesn't seem to bad. I didn't clean it any, but it doesn't have to many scratches? A little elbow grease and it should be a Good little runner. Has the good Walboro 194 Carb (L and H screw). It has an 18" B & C but I kept the 16" set up from the MS 260 I built.

Thinking I may keep this one ;em (maybe)

The Poulans will likely be for sale here locally. The 260 Pro has a good AV system (springs) the 1950 is just a run of the mill saw. Both are in the 40cc class IIRC?

Cheers

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Great deal Dex - those are the deals I search for! At your buy price, I'd be parting out the 026 and selling the others as $50 saws if they are runners. Good luck! Cheers!

Reactions: DexterDay
Well.... It may. It wont start ( It was listed as "Wont start").

Very hopeful it is a Fuel line, Filter, Impulse, or carb issue.

He had a Husq 51 and an 029 he just aquired.

Pretty sure its something simple.. if it isnt? Then away to AS or eBay it goes (parts saw). :(

Reactions: smokinj
I spy paint on the bar near the chain cover. Was this a painted bar? Never seen one so thoroughly cleaned of paint, if it were.

Looks like it was used for a while a then stored.

As I said earlier. I have a decent 16" ready for it. Gonna dig into it a little more Thursday.

I just won a 034 on FeeBay for $41.50!!! I have plenty of parts to make it a converted 036 :)

Plus the Masterminded Dolmar 5100 and Husq 395XP should be here tomorrow :) Gonna be a good 2 days !!! I rarely get good deals like these last two (nothing ever under $100 falls in my lap)

Nice score! Do the 026's usually have that many holes in the muffler? Thats one saw I have never laid hands on.

WOW Great Find

Status
Not open for further replies.