class A pipe as a wall thimble

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

class A andre

Nov 18, 2015
billerica, ma
Just bought a house that has an exterior cinder block chimney and with a clay thimble...not enough clearance around the clay thimble, so I'm replacing it. If I try to install any of the standard thimbles insul-flu, saf t, I will have to remove all combustibles and put a hole through the wall as my cinder block chimney is only 18" wide. My stove is 6"...if I use Class "A" chimney pipe through the wall and with 2" inch clearance, I will reach the cinder block chimney without putting a hole through my wall. My question is how do I connect the chimney pipe into my clay flue liner inside the cinder block chimney?

If I understand the proposal correctly that method requires 9" clearance to the class A chimney pipe.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/chimney-passing-a-chimney-through-the-wall.147754/

V_sR2EexwGOawu2GqmT8awNrUC7rQIGRuqIMiujwe3afc2oT7EYaVrZEn4RQdltxidJaOszqaLHO75TU4mfYn4Ejwjr7I5qk.gif

I think Selkirk also has a wall thimble.

Status
Not open for further replies.