Clayton Draft Induced Kit...Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumbo

Dec 15, 2009
Northeast Ohio
I recently purchased and installed the draft induced kit for my Clayton 1600. On the first burn, the blower ran continuously through the night, in the morning it was off and the fire was completely out, I expected that though. When I tried to get a new fire started the blower would not turn on. I went upstairs to check the thermostat and was only able to get the blower working again by taping on the thermostat. I have been running the draft blower manually with some success (that wasn’t what I planned on doing when I purchased this ad-on feature). Anyway, now yesterday the blower decided it wasn’t going to come on any more. Is this thermostat garbage? Does anyone know what is wrong? I called US Stove Company and they are sending me out a new thermostat, I still think I am just wasting my time with this thermostat. Can I buy a thermostat at Lowes or another store to replace the old unit? Thanks in advance for any info. JUMBO

I bought the DIF kit for my 1537G and tossed the t-stat aside and bought a decent programmable one from Lowes.

Sounds like the thermostat wasn't designed to go with that blower - i.e. operating at different voltages, and frying the contacts... Presumably you should be able to get a thermostat at your favorite hardware store, but you would need to make sure that it was wired correctly, and that it is designed to work with the control voltages that the draft inducer uses - especially don't use a 24v thermostat to switch a 110v line.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.