clean burning pellet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiana

Feeling the Heat
Dec 5, 2010
Earth
I normally use stove chow as my pellet of choice for my cpm. My local lowes had Nature's Own pellets this year. Normlly I would buy a few bags to do a burn test but research revealed that they are made by the same compay as stove chow. So I ordered 3 tons to start thinking that worst case senerio they could be a good shoulder pellet until I find some stove chow. So far I am thrilled. This is the first season that I have had no clickers. I haven't even had to scrape the burn pot yet. Just a light glaze. I'm going to get another 2 ton this week.

It's amazing what you find with the rebagged brands. Glad you found a good pellet:)

A clean exhaust vent goes a long way to a clean burn or so is the case for me.

The lowes in my area only sells Team Green and another brand I have never heard of.

A clean exhaust vent goes a long way to a clean burn or so is the case for me.
Found that out today after using a sooteater on the flue. World of difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.