Cleaning Exhaust Blower motor on Santa Fe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geek

Minister of Fire
Feb 28, 2008
Central CT
Anyone that can share some tips for this unit and how to access the motor?

I hope that removing the blower motor is as easy as it is on the Napoleon NPS45.

Any tips would be appreciated..!!

Step 1. Put your contortionist costume on.

Step 2. Contort.

Step 3. Find a nice heating pad.

Step 4. Apply heating pad to all areas sore from step 2.

Step 5. Never do that job again.

;-)

oh boy...

Aah, You can do it, geek! Thinking some motivation should help ya. ;-)

Take the covers off and get to it, It ain't getting any warmer! :cheese:

Oh for crying out loud it is removing four panels and few nuts or whatever is holding the blower motor and impeller on to the blower housing.

Except for the de contortion part even this old cave bear can do it. I'd have to have a crane to get me off of the floor afterwards but the job would get done :lol: .

SmokeyTheBear said:
Oh for crying out loud it is removing four panels and few nuts or whatever is holding the blower motor and impeller on to the blower housing.

Except for the de contortion part even this old cave bear can do it. I'd have to have a crane to get me off of the floor afterwards but the job would get done :lol: .

No cane needed, I gotta engine hoist to assist the attempt to get you verticle again! hehe. ;-) Hook to belt and ????

I have met geek in person. He is fit and trim! Just don't let him use your shop vac. :cheese: Don't make me come over there to show you how, lil buddy! :) :lol:

You do have a spare gasket, right? JIC.

no spare gasket.....need to see if local dealer in Meriden has it, or other online somewhere.
@Smokey: 4 panels?

I think the motor is to the left side, I just saw the manual says to "Remove both upper and lower side curtains" to access the blower for removal.

Jay - you're welcome to stop by, beer or wine on the house... :)

geek said:
no spare gasket.....need to see if local dealer in Meriden has it, or other online somewhere.
@Smokey: 4 panels?

I think the motor is to the left side, I just saw the manual says to "Remove both upper and lower side curtains" to access the blower for removal.

Jay - you're welcome to stop by, beer or wine on the house... :)

Page 35 right column #2 combustion blower replacement see b. about removing the upper and lower side curtains, and the upper and lower rear curtains, two sets of two made 4 the last time I attended elementary school, now I'll make allowances for folks that don't get exposed to such higher mathematics until graduate programs in collage.

Send the wife and kids to a show, So no distractions. Get yourself a brew(not to many now) to relax. A soft cushion for you old ache knees. And the tool kit.

I know you can do it! I think smokey can talk you through it, You don't need two of us confusing you. Just take you time. I'll be the moral support! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.